Mary’s Pence Grant Application Process
Application are due February 1 or August 1 each year.
Applications are reviewed by a committee including staff, board members, and volunteers. Applicants are typically notified of decisions in three months following the due dates, May and November respectively. Final reports are due one year after the grant is received.
Mary’s Pence hosts two Grantee Information Sessions via teleconference each year for those who are interested in applying or would like to know more about the process.
Mary’s Pence Funds Grassroots Organizations That Are
- Women led —
for the benefit of cis women, trans women, non-binary people and their families.
- Community centered —
emerging from a need identified within the community, and collaboratively developed by members of the community, flexible enough to meet new, changing or emerging needs.
- Focused on social justice values —
human dignity, the common good, the right to economic security and dignified work, care for the earth, participation, subsidiarity (decisions are made at the most local level possible and involve those most impacted) and nonviolence.
- Working for long term sustainable social change —
addressing underlying causes of injustice by shifting public opinion about justice issues; forming alliances and collaborations across diverse populations; creating change in unjust structure or policies; or building capacity by building leadership, organizing or other skills.
Eligibility Requirements for Mary’s Pence Grants
- Organizations must have a budget of under $200,000.
- Only organizations working in the U.S. and Canada are eligible for funding.
- We hope to build a relationship with our grantees. An applicant can receive a grant up to three times. Annual awards are a maximum of $5,000.