Mary’s Pence Funds Grassroots Organizations That Are
- Women led —
for the benefit of cis women, trans women, non-binary people and their families.
- Community centered —
emerging from a need identified within the community, and collaboratively developed by members of the community, flexible enough to meet new, changing or emerging needs.
- Working to enact long term sustainable change at the community level —
shifting public opinion about justice issues; forming alliances and collaborations across diverse populations; creating change in unjust structure or policies; or building capacity by building leadership, organizing or other social justice skills.
- Focused on social justice actions —
human dignity, the common good, the right to economic security and dignified work, care for the earth, participation, subsidiarity (decisions are made at the most local level possible and involve those most impacted) and nonviolence.
Our Commitment to Diversity
We are committed to inclusion and equity and strive to ensure that our grantee funding reflects the diversity of the communities with which we partner with regard to color, income, physical ability, geography, age, and gender identity. We are committed to removing barriers that are faced by equity-seeking groups.
Eligibility Requirements for Mary’s Pence Grants
- Organizations must have a budget of under $200,000*.
- Only organizations working in the U.S. are eligible for funding.
- Projects must focus on change at the systems or community level.
- We hope to build a relationship with our grantees. An applicant can receive a grant up to three times. Annual awards are a maximum of $5,000.
Please note, we do not fund businesses or LLCs.
*Contact us if you have questions about capital campaigns related to budget criteria