Uniquely Focused on Social Justice
Best for grades 2-4
Catholic Social Teaching Presentation
Catholic Social Teaching is brought alive in the classroom in this PowerPoint presentation. Scripture and church documents are referenced in teacher notes.
- Dignity of Every Person
- Community Participation
- Preferential Option for the Poor
- Care for God’s Creation
- Rights and Responsibilities
- Dignity of Work / Rights of Workers
Ways to use the Catholic Social Teaching presentation:
- Provide an overview of all the Catholic Social Teaching principles.
- Begin an in-depth discussion of one Catholic Social Teaching principle.
- Use questions posed in teacher notes to launch class or individual projects.
Friends of God Newsletter
A newsletter that highlights friends of God who live the values of Catholic Social Teaching will be shared with you monthly throughout the school year. Each newsletter features individuals and groups who live the values of Catholic Social Teaching.
Ways to use the Friends of God newsletter:
- Share with students and their families to read at home.
- Display on a Smartboard and read together as a class.
- Use individual elements to guide a conversation about a special person or day.