Community Archives - Page 3 of 7 - Mary's Pence
Ruth, the intern.

Community

Meet Our New Fall Intern Ruth!

I decided to apply for the internship because the chance of learning about social media, and writing articles for newsletters, seemed like the perfect opportunity to expand my learning experience. I also really love the Mary’s Pence mission of helping and supporting all women.

Read More »
Testimony from Genevieve

Community

Salt of the Earth: Genevieve O’Hara Brueggemann’s Legacy

Throughout her years of support, Genevieve regularly wrote to us and attended events when she could. She loved our yearly summer reading list and often let us know which of the books she had read and that she would be sharing it with her friends.

Read More »
Photograph of Andreen with other Mary's Pence board members.

Community

Mary’s Pence Gives Me Hope

Mary’s Pence gives me hope because in a year where communities are seemingly divided, our grantees suggest to me that there’s more going on than meets the eye – that communities are capable of coming together to solve problems.

Read More »
A photograph of Susan Znameroski

Community

Why I Support Mary’s Pence

I like the Mary’s Pence values and I like what they do, so I feel that my dollars are being spent very wisely. Also, I’m just one of many in the organization. I feel very strongly that my dollars can be put with others and can go so much further in helping the women and families of the Americas.

Read More »
Photograph of Svitlana with Gilda with the Minneapolis Skyline in the background.

Community

Living Into the Mary’s Pence Story: Farewell From Svitlana

Groups of women working together do have a lot of power. Yet every group is as strong as the individuals that comprise it. I felt embraced and encouraged in my work at Mary’s Pence, and I am grateful for every single one of my coworkers.

Read More »
Photograph of Kaye Cassidy.

Community

Meet Mary’s Pence – Kaye Cassidy

An ethic of obligation asks the question “what do we owe the poor and marginalized?” while an ethic of love asks “what do we want for the poor because they are beloved children of God and my sisters and brothers?” An ethic of obligation has limits, an ethic of love knows no boundaries.

Read More »
Photograph of Chris Thomas holding a green fiber art mask called Forest Woman.

Community

Fiber Art for Mary’s Pence

The idea of empowering women appealed to me since they are so often the powerless in their families and communities. Young girls who see their mothers achieving some financial autonomy are more likely to receive an education and grow into strong and resourceful women themselves.

Read More »
Photograph of Consilia Karli.

Community

A “Soul-ution” For Superfluous Stuff

Like most folks in the USA, my siblings and I have been fortunate and complicit in having surplus and superfluous stuff in our homes. We have each begun to notice a lack of storage for all that stuff we have accumulated. As a “soul-ution” to our problem we made a pact a few years ago.

Read More »
Old photograph of women dressed in victorian clothing, posing in two rows..

Community

A Tea Party Legacy

Patricia is compelled to use her art to protect civil rights, and particularly women’s human rights. “I was taught by example that when you see an injustice, you do something to try to make it right,” says Patricia.

Read More »
Photograph of three white crosses with names of victims on them leaning against the US/Mexico border.

Community

“The desert is hot, but we are the rain”

Last month, Mary’s Pence connected with supporters at the annual SOA Watch Vigil and Convergence. In the shadow of the border (quite literally), the gathering brought up many questions about the plight of refugees and migrants escaping severe hardship in their home countries.

Read More »

Subscribe

Donate

Make a donation today to fund women and change lives.

DONATE