Community Archives - Page 2 of 7 - Mary's Pence

Community

Reflections on the MPP and Injustice at the Border

Image: Volunteers bringing supplies over the border to asylum-seekers.  Yesterday, March 11th 2020, the Supreme Court of the United States upheld Trump's policy of forcing asylum-seekers to remain on the...

Read More »
Rainbow and sunflower

Community

Love Your Neighbor: A Common Theme in Major Religions

The United States is a religious country. With a population of 330 million people, 185.54 million identify as religious. The major religions practiced in the US are: • Christianity –...

Read More »

Community

The Death of the Forest is the End of Our Lives

Sr. Dorothy Stang, SND Advocate for Brazil’s Indigenous Poor and the Amazonian Rainforest An Inspiring Woman Featured in the Mary Pence Women’s Calendar Sr. Dorothy Stang, SND lived and died...

Read More »
St. Joseph Work Volunteer Bridget Peterson

Community

Meet Bridget – What I Value About Mary’s Pence

I could’ve chosen not to work with Mary’s Pence. As a St Joseph Worker, I had a few options as to where I wanted the program to place me for my...

Read More »
Sunset by Justine Cudel

Community

Holy Week: Radical Love

This Holy Week we honor the many individuals who engage in the struggle for justice throughout the world. The women of ESPERA and Mary’s Pence Grantees are devoted to uplifting the poor and oppressed, ceaselessly going against the grain of societal acceptance. This commitment to Radical Love flows out of and is nourished by the story of Easter.

Read More »

Community

Celebrate Lent: Use the Season as an Opportunity to Delve into Justice and Peace

Prayer, fasting and giving, the three pillars of Lenten practice, are meant to build relationship with God and those beloved by God. These practices are the means to respond to God’s saving love by loving the poor, the oppressed and the marginalized. Lent is an invitation to solidarity with all of God’s creation in seeking justice and peace.

Read More »
Photograph of an open road.

Community

Come, Come, Whoever You Are

Thousands of migrants are trudging across Mexico from Honduras, El Salvador, and Guatemala. They carry small children and support the tired and infirm. Hot and humid weather carries with it the constant risk of dehydration, sunburn and exhaustion.

Read More »
red tealights in glass votive holders set on racks.

Community

Celebrating All Saints’ Day

Dorothy Day, pacifist, activist and founder of the Catholic Worker movement is quoted as saying “People say, ‘What is the sense of our small effort?’ They cannot see that we must lay one brick at a time, take one step at a time.”

Read More »
Robyn sitting on her front porch casually, smiling and holding her two small dogs.

Community

Welcoming Robyn Browning to New Grants Manager Position

I was drawn to Mary’s Pence because of the intense focus on supporting women and creating sustainable social change by funding grassroots organizations that are on the ground, in the community, leading the work. Mary’s Pence builds collaborative, equitable partnerships with their grantees that are based on trust and mutual respect.

Read More »
Photograph of Caitlin

Community

Meet Mary’s Pence: Caitlin Bates

I chose to intern at Mary’s Pence because I have a passion for organizations that support women, especially women across cultures. The internship at Mary’s Pence will give me experience maintaining professional social media accounts and writing professional monthly newsletters, both of which are things I’ve been interested in for a while.

Read More »

Subscribe

Donate

Make a donation today to fund women and change lives.

DONATE